Why should you consider Blue Ocean PPR Pipes?
- 16mm – 160mm green pipes in 10/12.5 bar (blue line) for cold & chilled water, 16 Bar (red line) for hot & cold water and 25 bar fittings.
- DZR CW602N brass threaded adapters (1/2”-3”) and PPR flange adapters (32-160mm) to connect to any feature and to any other pipe system in any domestic and industrial condition.
- DZR CW602N brass is the highest grade brass for the harshest domestic and industrial conditions.
- 100% recyclable and directly recyclable, so no extra processes is needed.
- At least a 50 year lifespan if correctly installed and designed, so less material consumption.
- Lowest to-market and after-market carbon footprint of any pipe system as PPR pipes and fittings are made and recycled at under 300 ºC.
- Extremely low thermal conductivity of 0.24 W/mK. So less lagging is needed to comply with the SANS 10400XA.
- Smooth surface reduce distribution losses and stay consistent during it’s lifespan, therefore reducing energy needed for water reticulation.
- Full bore fittings also reduce distribution losses.
- No scale or lime build-up reduce distribution losses.
- When PPR burns it gives off mostly CO2 and H2O, so it is less harmful than smoke from your braai.
- Depending on the size of the project and product used, PPR can save you up to 50% on material costs.
- Plumbers with training and a little experience, can install PPR pipes as fast, if not faster, than they would copper pipes. This is done in the following ways:
- The welding process fuses the pipe into the fitting. This means that prefabrication is possible and economies of scale come into play.
- PPR can handle working pressure as soon as the fusion process cooled down (3-15mins max).
- Maintenance on PPR pipes are minimal…if ever.
- You do not have to mess around with flux/gas or glue. From 16-160mm, the fusion process, in principle, stays the same.